Community Use of Channahon School District 17 Facilities
Authorization for the use of school facilities shall not be considered as an endorsement of or as approval of the activity, group, or organization nor the purposes they represent.
Requests for Facilities
Important Note: You must have Acrobat Reader installed to view and print these documents. If you wish to add a FREE Acrobat Reader program to your computer, click HERE.
Facility Use form for Pioneer Path, N.B. Galloway, Three Rivers Schools, and Channahon Junior High School/Heritage Crossing Field House Available Here (Adobe PDF Format)
Access to the district facilities (Pioneer Path, N.B. Galloway, Three Rivers School and Channahon Junior High School) is prioritized as follows:
First Priority Use
Approval of Application
Facility Use Regulations
Channahon School District 17 Printable Version of Regulations
Completed applications, certificates of insurance and fee payment, if applicable, are to be submitted to the building Principal or to the Superintendent. A determination regarding the approval or denial of the facility use request will be made within two (2) business days.
The school district reserves the right to determine which fees will be applicable; to disapprove facility use requests; and to authorize the Superintendent to revoke prior approvals when she deems necessary or in the best interests of the District.
1. Any event to be held requires a Facility for Use Application Form completed in full. Forms need to be submitted at least one week prior to the event and more lead-time is required for events needing special services or use of district personnel. Application forms can be obtained from and should be submitted to the appropriate Building Principal or the Superintendent. (Application forms are also available on the school district website www.channahon.will.k12.il.us)
2. First Priority Use of school facilities will be given to programs/activities supporting the school instructional, athletic and extracurricular programs. Second priority use will be given to recognized organizations/groups that are independent from but support or augment the School’s instructional, athletic and/or extracurricular programs. Third priority use will be given to programs offered and supervised by the Channahon Park District.
3. A Certificate of Liability Insurance is required and must be submitted at the time the application is submitted for consideration. The policy must be at least $1,000,000. In addition, the policy must include Channahon School District 17 as an additional named insured.
4. Charges for Facilities will be made to in-district and out of district non-profit and profit groups. However, in certain circumstances, the facility use fee may be waived by the Superintendent. In-district non-profit groups may include, but may not be limited to the following, community groups, youth organizations, religious organizations, and/or social organizations. Non-profit groups must be certified as a non-profit organization under section 501 (C)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Profit groups may include, but may not be limited to the following, businesses and/or agencies. In-district groups must be groups registered in and operating in the Channahon School District Boundaries. Out-of-district groups are groups registered and operating outside of the Channahon School District Boundaries. Fees for the various facilities are listed on the Facility Use Fee Schedule.
6. In the event of a cancellation of approved events more than 48 hours before the scheduled event, facility use fees, if applicable, will be returned. Fees will not be returned for events cancelled less than 48 hours before the scheduled event.
7. There is prohibited use of alcohol, drugs and tobacco on all school property. The buildings and grounds owned by Channahon School District 17 are designated as safe school zones. Violators of this policy will be subject to legal consequences and facility use privileges may be revoked.
8. Special Equipment needs must be identified at the time the application for facility use form is submitted. Any damage to equipment used will be billed to the organization.
9. Events that require use of food preparation equipment will require the organization provide the name and certificate of the certified food service handler. In the event that the organization cannot comply with required food service handler requirements, the organization must contract with the school district to supervise the kitchen during the entire time of the event.
10. Jeopardizing Use. A facility will not be scheduled or scheduled use will be cancelled if the District reasonably determines use will cause excessive damage to the facility. A user may be denied the future use of a school district facility if the user has damaged or has been irresponsible in the use of any district indoor/outdoor facility. Examples of irresponsible include, but may not be limited to the following: facilities are left unsecured; trash and/or debris are left at the facility; equipment is damaged or stolen; school rules and regulations are ignored or violated; use by a scheduled user occurs at a facility after an event has been cancelled or postponed by inclement weather.
Facility Use Fees
Facility Fees for Pioneer Path, N.B. Galloway, Three Rivers Schools